Monday, June 4, 2012

Mustard Lime Grilled Chicken


This marinade recipe comes from elanaspantry.com and makes chicken so flavorful and tender! The original recipe calls to be baked... Instead, I grilled the chicken (grilled for me is George Foreman for now;-) and it turned out great with a crispy coating.  I marinated my chicken for 1.5 days so it would be sure to soak up all the flavor.
 Mustard Lime Grilled Chicken
INGREDIENTS
1 lb skinless boneless chicken breast
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (or 1-2 tsp dried)
1/4 cup dijon mustard
1 T olive oil
1 T chili powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp pepper
DIRECTIONS
1. In a food processor, combine lime juice, cilantro, mustard, olive oil, chili, salt and pepper. Pulse until all ingredients are pureed together.
2.  Place chicken breasts in a 9x13 baking dish. 
3.  Pour marinade over chicken, cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours, up to 1.5 days.
4.  Place on grill or George Foreman until chicken temps out at 165 degrees.
Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome! As a Registered Dietitian with diet restrictions, I had a sparked interest to share healthy, gluten free recipes with readers! Over the years, cooking has truly become an obsession...and stress reliever. The last five years, I have had to learn how to cook and bake gluten free after being diagnosed with a severe gluten intolerance. With that being said, I have researched, experimented and developed a whole new way to go about food preparation. I now mix all my flours, bake my own GF bread, and alter and create my own recipes. I would love to hear from you with questions, comments, recipe ideas and/or anything and everything in between. Hope you enjoy! Email with questions or comments at: sharleyschreiner@yahoo.com