Monday, June 18, 2012

Pepper Steak

 Below is a pretty standard pepper steak recipe...I'm not a huge fan of steak, but this recipe is always so good, and a quick meal to put together at the last minute...and I just realized I have no steak recipes posted!  Round or loin steak are great cuts to implement into recipes to cut down on the fat content.  I doubled the sauce from the original recipe, which ended with a nice ratio of meat to sauce to rice.   Enjoy!!!
Pepper Steak
INGREDIENTS
1 lb beef tip round steak, cut into thin strips
2 T cornstarch
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 cup low-sodium gluten free soy sauce (tamari)
2 T canola oil
3 medium green & red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup water
1 can stewed tomatoes
4 c cooked brown rice
DIRECTIONS
Slice beef into thin slices.  In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and ginger; add soy sauce and stir. Pour soy sauce mixture over beef and stir. Heat oil in pan over medium high heat.  Add beef to pan and stir fry until brown; remove from pan.  Reduce heat and add peppers, onion, garlic, and water to pan.  Cook 4-5 mins.  Stir in meat and tomatoes, heat thoroughly.  Serve over rice.
(Picture taken from pinterest)
Yields: 4 servings
Cooking Time: 10 mins



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome! As a Registered Dietitian with diet restrictions, I had a sparked interest to share healthy, gluten free recipes with readers! Over the years, cooking has truly become an obsession...and stress reliever. The last five years, I have had to learn how to cook and bake gluten free after being diagnosed with a severe gluten intolerance. With that being said, I have researched, experimented and developed a whole new way to go about food preparation. I now mix all my flours, bake my own GF bread, and alter and create my own recipes. I would love to hear from you with questions, comments, recipe ideas and/or anything and everything in between. Hope you enjoy! Email with questions or comments at: sharleyschreiner@yahoo.com