Thursday, September 15, 2011

Baking Day @ PVH!


Here's my little plug for PVH and one of my flyers;
If you're ever around the area and need a great GF treat, stop by!
Yesterday was probably one of the most exciting days of my internship thus far...The entire day I was able to shadow and bake with Poudre Valley Hospital's (in Ft. Collins) gluten free baker.  This lady is AMAZING and is the most experienced and knowledgable GF baker I've ever talked to/worked with.  LaDora bakes the hospital fresh, GF items once a week in a little segment of the kitchen that is blocked off to take precautions for any cross contamination that could occur.  I picked her brain for a straight 9 hours and had the opportunity to bake a few weeks ago with her as well.  She has many secrets, if you will, to GF baking and I was able to get just a few of those from her;-)  At any rate, she has been baking GF for 35 + years due to her whole family's history with Celiac Disease....she makes the absolute best tasting and quality products I've ever had...
Over the past couple weeks I've been able to do quite a bit of marketing for all of PVH's GF products throughout the hospital w/ flyers, internet promos, etc.  Today I'm holding a GF tasting in the dining room with a few of LaDora's products to get the word out on what PVH now offers!  This lady is great and definitely will receive some long past due recognition today.  You're great LaDora!
LaDora and I on our baking day stylin'...aren't the hairnets just lovely?!

And the most important part of the promo...I've found that most people don't have a clue as to why some individuals need a gluten free diet...It's not a weight loss "diet" or whatever else people may dream up...I made this poster to help explain why we now carry gluten free items and try to cater as much as possible to this population.  I used this promo to educate the public and as an awareness day as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome! As a Registered Dietitian with diet restrictions, I had a sparked interest to share healthy, gluten free recipes with readers! Over the years, cooking has truly become an obsession...and stress reliever. The last five years, I have had to learn how to cook and bake gluten free after being diagnosed with a severe gluten intolerance. With that being said, I have researched, experimented and developed a whole new way to go about food preparation. I now mix all my flours, bake my own GF bread, and alter and create my own recipes. I would love to hear from you with questions, comments, recipe ideas and/or anything and everything in between. Hope you enjoy! Email with questions or comments at: sharleyschreiner@yahoo.com