Sunday, August 21, 2011

Blogging!

Hello!  Well....I have finally broke down and decided to start a blog.  My main inspiration-Julie and Julia.  Every time I watch the movie, I am led to cook and bake. (even more than usual-yikes!)  Over the years, cooking has truly become an obsession...and stress reliever.  The last two years, I have had to learn how to cook and bake gluten free after being diagnosed with a severe gluten intolerance.  With that being said, I have researched, experimented and developed a whole new way to go about food preparation.  I now mix all my flours, bake my own GF bread, and alter and create my own recipes.  I can't wait to share healthy, gluten free recipes with readers!  I will also give "normal" (not GF) recipes with substitutions for all of you who do not need a GF diet.
The other part of my blog will be updates on my dietetic internship rotations, bits of nutrition info, and other exciting happenings that arise... I will attempt to post when possible in my spare time ;-) Bon Appétit!

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
Welcome! As a Registered Dietitian with diet restrictions, I had a sparked interest to share healthy, gluten free recipes with readers! Over the years, cooking has truly become an obsession...and stress reliever. The last five years, I have had to learn how to cook and bake gluten free after being diagnosed with a severe gluten intolerance. With that being said, I have researched, experimented and developed a whole new way to go about food preparation. I now mix all my flours, bake my own GF bread, and alter and create my own recipes. I would love to hear from you with questions, comments, recipe ideas and/or anything and everything in between. Hope you enjoy! Email with questions or comments at: sharleyschreiner@yahoo.com