Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Product Reviews & Exciting Tortilla News!

About a week ago, I attended one of our Denver Celiac Sprue meetings.  The association holds monthly meetings & provides speakers who present new research.  (My favorite part of the meetings are sampling the newest gluten free products on the market!)

Rudi's bakery, located in Boulder, was at the meeting sampling their new TORTILLAS!!! Yes. For those of you who can't eat gluten, you know that the one item that is practically impossible to find and make, are tortillas.  Needless to say, I have not had a tortilla in 4-5 years!

I spoke with the lady representing Rudi's, who announced they are unleashing their new product (in Spinach, Plain and Fiesta flavors) this week in stores!!! Whole Foods and Natural Grocers were the two stores mentioned that will sell this product.

They are great-They are tasty, pliable, and nutritionally sound.  They each have 90 calories, around 2 grams of fat, and 5 grams of fiber!  The tortillas are made with a blend of different whole grains!!! 

I tried the spinach flavor today for lunch-YUM! (I happened to win the prize at the meeting and was so excited to get all three flavors to try before they're launched in stores this week:-)
Visit below for more info:



Image Detail
One other brand I have found that makes great gluten free tortillas is La Torilla Factory. 
These are awesome tortillas as well, but hard to find.  I have only found them in one bakery in Colorado Springs, called Outside the Breadbox.

Happy Tortilla Eating!!!!

Hummus recipes coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome! As a Registered Dietitian with diet restrictions, I had a sparked interest to share healthy, gluten free recipes with readers! Over the years, cooking has truly become an obsession...and stress reliever. The last five years, I have had to learn how to cook and bake gluten free after being diagnosed with a severe gluten intolerance. With that being said, I have researched, experimented and developed a whole new way to go about food preparation. I now mix all my flours, bake my own GF bread, and alter and create my own recipes. I would love to hear from you with questions, comments, recipe ideas and/or anything and everything in between. Hope you enjoy! Email with questions or comments at: sharleyschreiner@yahoo.com