Thursday, February 23, 2012

Yogurt Biscuits with Dill

I'm on a yogurt kick..Tonight I made a creamy mushroom soup & was craving biscuits.  I found a regular yogurt biscuit recipe online (not GF), made some substitutions,and here is what I came up with-My favorite biscuit recipe yet! I haven't found a biscuit recipe I have loved, but I think this one made the cut.  To make a regular, non-gluten free version, substitute 2 cups flour for the sorghum and starch.  Omit the xanthan gum. Enjoy!

2009_04_15-yogurt-biscuits2.jpgYogurt Biscuits With Dill
INGREDIENTS
1.5 C sorghum flour
1/2 c tapioca starch
1 tsp xanthan gum
pinch of sea salt
1 T baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup smart balance (or butter)
1 cup low fat greek yogurt or plain yogurt of choice (soy for dairy free)
1/4 cup dill
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 400.
Mix dry ingredients.  Cut in butter to dry mixture until small crumbles.
Gently stir in yogurt and dill with a spoon.
Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead 5 times.
Press out dough until it is about 3/4 inch thick.
Cut out biscuits with a glass or biscuit cutter.
Place biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for ~9-10 minutes, making sure not to overbake.
Makes 10 biscuits.



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome! As a Registered Dietitian with diet restrictions, I had a sparked interest to share healthy, gluten free recipes with readers! Over the years, cooking has truly become an obsession...and stress reliever. The last five years, I have had to learn how to cook and bake gluten free after being diagnosed with a severe gluten intolerance. With that being said, I have researched, experimented and developed a whole new way to go about food preparation. I now mix all my flours, bake my own GF bread, and alter and create my own recipes. I would love to hear from you with questions, comments, recipe ideas and/or anything and everything in between. Hope you enjoy! Email with questions or comments at: sharleyschreiner@yahoo.com