Sunday, October 16, 2011

Positively in love...

First of all, I have to show you this article that popped up on my yahoo tonight.  It is way too funny and oh so true:-) Read for yourself the article titled, "Food trends men hate" and you will realize just what I am talking about.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh. My…..I have fallen in love…...In l-o-v-e with these chickpeas that is;-) These may just be another new fall fav of mine.  And low and behold, they are pumpkin flavored!  Therefore, I knew they’d be ah-mazing.  I never took people seriously when they told me roasted chickpeas were pretty great.  Well, these Pumpkin Spice Chickpeas are like pretty great bites of heaven. Be careful-once you start munching, there’s no stopping with these babies. Highly addicting.

I found this recipe on Purple Carrot while carrying out my new favorite time-waster; studying cooking blogs :-)  Hope you are as in love with this recipe as I am-Bon Appetit! 
Pumpkin Spice Roasted Chickpeas

Ingredients~
 1 can chickpeas, rinsed & drained
   2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
   1 teaspoon olive oil
   1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
   1/8 teaspoon sea salt
   3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
   3/4 teaspoon all-spice

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 400
Mix all ingredients into a bowl.
Place them in a greased baking dish and bake for approx 35-40 mins, stirring every 10ish minutes.  Remove and enjoy:-)

These are great as salad toppers, (added fiber!) as a side dish, or as a healthy snack to pop throughout the day!
And of course...they're gluten free!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome! As a Registered Dietitian with diet restrictions, I had a sparked interest to share healthy, gluten free recipes with readers! Over the years, cooking has truly become an obsession...and stress reliever. The last five years, I have had to learn how to cook and bake gluten free after being diagnosed with a severe gluten intolerance. With that being said, I have researched, experimented and developed a whole new way to go about food preparation. I now mix all my flours, bake my own GF bread, and alter and create my own recipes. I would love to hear from you with questions, comments, recipe ideas and/or anything and everything in between. Hope you enjoy! Email with questions or comments at: sharleyschreiner@yahoo.com